Ever attended a party or "binyagan" without menudo on the buffet table? As far as I can remember, it seems that 8 out of 10 "binyagans" that I've been, there is the always popular menudo.
Unlike the Mexican version of it, which is made out of tripe. Our very own version is consist of sliced pork and liver. With green peas, carrots, potatoes and again even hotdogs, this dish, that is best served with rice adds color and enticement to the eye and most of all to our taste buds!
1/2 kilo pork (cut into small chunks)
1/4 kilo pork liver (cut into small cubes)
4 pieces hotdog (cut into pieces)
4 potatoes (peeled, cut in small cubes, fried)
1 green and 1 red bell pepper (diced)
1 cup chickpeas
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 cup pork or chicken stock
3 tablespoons oil
3 tomatoes (diced)
1 small head of garlic (minced)
1 medium size onion (diced)
1. Saute garlic and onion in a pan.
2. Add the pork and let stand until golden brown.
3. Add the liver, hotdogs, tomatoes, bell pepper, paprika and stock.
4. Simmer until pork is tender.
5. Add the potatoes and raisins and let stand until potatoes are tender.
6. Place in a bowl or plate and Enjoy! (best served with rice)